Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Why this Blog? Why Now? Post #1

 Hello world, my name is Marcus Andrews and welcome to my first blog post with Blogger. This blog is for my JN 134 class, aka photojournalism. I am a journalism major and I've always been very interested in what's going on in the world and seeing as much as I can while I'm here on this planet. I always wanted to find a career that involved writing, traveling, meeting new people, and felt good to my soul. Spreading information that needs to be heard or stories that should be told is what I mean by that. This present moment I'm 24 years old and from the humble town of Albany located in the great beaver state of Oregon. I enjoy reading, writing, exploring new places, making art, tending to my house plants, and spending time with my dog whose name is Doogie (pictured below). If it matters I'm a Capricorn, an INFJ personality type, and am a spiritual (not religious) empath who is just trying to figure out my place in this vast world I'm lucky enough to roam in. 



While attending this class (virtually of course), I hope to be able to better convey stories through my pictures and the subjects within them, gain better techniques using lighting and different angles to keep viewers interested, and start a portfolio of my work for my future career as a journalist. Everyone has heard the saying "pictures convey a 1,000 words," which I agree with. However, I also believe they tell an infinite amount of stories, and the fact that humans have found a way to freeze a moment of time to give a window to a forgone moment is something so important and astounding, we humans won't know the impact of that for maybe another 1,000 years. ;)  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo Story

  Portrait  of a Young Alcoholic Katarina "Kat" Patterson, 24, moved to the small town of Albany, Oregon from Sacramento, Californ...